This description of Dana Shultz’s legal services is an Advertisement under Rule of Professional Conduct 1-400, Standard 5 (now subject to Chapter 7 of the Rules of Professional Conduct that took effect on November 1, 2018).
Brief summary: I help clients to
- form their businesses,
- do their deals, and
- keep out of trouble.
Dana Shultz provides the essential legal services that startup and early-stage companies in the San Francisco (California) Bay Area typically need. You may read many Client Testimonials about Dana’s services.
The following are representative. Please contact Dana if you have a requirement that is not listed here.
Forming and Operating a Business
- Choosing most suitable legal entity: limited liability company (LLC), S or C corporation, etc.
- Forming that entity in California, Delaware or any other state
- Completing all paperwork required for compliance with applicable laws
- Establishing and terminating relationships with employees and independent contractors
- Preparing and negotiating documents for financing transactions and acquisitions
- Preparing and negotiating contracts for transactions with customers, suppliers and other businesses
Identifying and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Counseling on various types of intellectual property (patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret)
- Preparing and negotiating license agreements
- Protecting and recovering domain names
- Preparing website terms of service and counseling on Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) compliance
- Preparing and negotiating nondisclosure agreements
Helping Foreign Companies Come to the U.S.
- Selecting and forming the right legal entity
- Obtaining an Employer Identification Number
- Adapting foreign commercial contracts for use in the U.S.
- Referring foreign clients to trusted providers of other required services
Photo credit: Wikipedia