Dana Shultz is a business-savvy attorney with in-depth knowledge of law, business, technology, and the needs of startup and early-stage companies.
Dana develops close working relationships with clients based on a positive attitude and rock-solid dependability. He delivers High-touch Legal Services® (about which you may read many Client Testimonials) – thus the name of his blog.
Dana received an undergraduate degree with honors in Communication Sciences from the University of Michigan and a law degree from Boalt Hall School of Law (University of California at Berkeley). He is a member of the State Bar of California and has been honored repeatedly by Who’s Who in American Law. Dana’s LinkedIn page has a large amount of additional information, including many client recommendations.
Follow Dana Shultz on Twitter: @danashultz
Dana Shultz – Career History
Before starting his own law practice, Dana provided in-house legal services at companies ranging in size from pre-IPO to multinational. His positions included:
- Vice President and Legal Counsel at Visa International Service Association
- General Counsel at Baron Data Systems
- Senior Staff Attorney at Lexis-Nexis
Dana’s work experience also includes management consulting in information technology; litigation support marketing and sales; and software development. These elements combine to give Dana Shultz an in-depth understanding of business operations that adds value to his legal skills and services. (See If you had to do it all over again, would you still be a lawyer?)
Dana Shultz – Answers
See Dana’s answers to thousands of legal and business questions on Avvo.
Dana was honored as one of the Top Writers on Quora for 2013 , 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Dana’s more popular answers include those to the following questions:
- What constitutes a reasonable doubt?
- Why does it seem that US landlord tenant laws are stacked in the tenant’s favor?
- Why do lawyers provide many good answers about the law on Quora?
- How is Judge Judy allowed in our legal system?
- Would it be legal to open a chicken restaurant called “fatty cock”, with a slogan that says “fattest cocks in town”, as long as the word “cock” refers to chicken?
- What is going to happen to Apple if it continues to resist the court order to unlock the San Bernardino killer’s iPhone?
- How do you become famous and receive a lot of views, upvotes, and followers on Quora?
- Why are Answers and Reviews on Quora Collapsed?
- Now that Obama’s birth certificate has been proven to be falsified, what will happen to him?
- What are some of the most clever clauses that you have seen in a contract?
- Have you ever found a photo of you used in an unexpected way?
- Will liberals support President Trump’s economic policies now that the Dow Jones has hit 21,000?
- How do I deal with all my professors talking down Trump?
- How much do you think United Airlines will have to pay Dr. Dao and his lawyers for getting dragged off the plane?
- Why do you always call Mr. Trump names Obama was never called, any bad names like buffoon or spineless?
- Can Donald Trump really block James Comey from testifying before Congress by asserting executive privilege?
- Why is Obama not hated by people even after one of the biggest scandals (Snowden leaks) was exposed under his administration?
- Why don’t more people wonder whether Barack Hussein Obama had a significant hand in planning the World Trade Center Islamic terrorist attack?
- Is it legal for Quora to publish comments under its users’ names (without these texts having been written by these users), like it’s doing now (August 2017) during the question details removal process?
- My cofounder & the investor want me give back 2/3 of my 30% shares upon leaving. They argue that no one will invest in our company with a sleeping 30% capital. Is this reasonable? How dangerous is sleeping capital for future investments in a company?
- Why did the jury rule in favor of Taylor Swift in Swift v. Mueller?
- On every US dollar bill the message “This note is legal tender for all debts public and private” is printed. How is it then legal for some businesses to not accept cash?
- Do you see the ACLU weighing in on the warrants issued to search the office and hotel room of Trump attorney Michael Cohen?
- How can I make the lawyer reject me in jury selection?
- What does Frank Sinatra’s addition of “Jack” to the lyrics of The Beatles’s “Something” refer to?
- Is it possible for an introvert to become a successful lawyer? If so, how?
Dana Shultz – Personal
Dana moved to Berkeley for law school shortly after marrying his wife, Peggy. They have lived in the East Bay ever since then. (Dana’s answer to What was your experience like when you decided to become an attorney? on Quora tells the story of how he went from writing software in Detroit to attending law school in Berkeley.)
They have two intelligent, personable, attractive daughters with whom Dana has been totally in love since the minute they were born. They also have two intelligent, personable, attractive female Golden Retrievers (Dana is the only male in the household).
In 2009, Dana took up Muay Thai (kickboxing), which now is one of the most exciting things in his life. He works out at Pacific Ring Sports, which is a great gym with fabulous owners and trainers. Dana is the subject of PRS’s May 2014 Member Spotlight.
Dana Shultz’s motto: “I get things done – and done well.”
Contact Dana Shultz
If you would like to contact Dana Shultz, his telephone number is +1 510 547-0545, his e-mail address (expressed to escape software that harvests addresses from websites) is: dana [at] danashultz [dot] com, and his Skype ID is dana.h.shultz.
Please be aware that visiting this blog or contacting me (I’m in the San Francisco, California, Bay Area) will not create an attorney-client relationship. Until that relationship is created (typically via a signed engagement letter), neither the attorney-client privilege nor any obligation of confidentiality will apply to any communications. Please limit anything you write to the general nature of the matter that you would like to discuss.