Why I Like Being a Lawyer
This post (which, I admit, is a bit off-topic for this blog) is based on a Quora question that I answered.
Q. Attorneys: Why do you love being a lawyer? (Kindly exclude financial reasons.)
A. For me, “love” would be an overstatement. However, I consider myself quite fortunate in that:
- I get a great deal of satisfaction from helping my clients (for a startup, everything I do is significant).
- As a solo I am my own boss, so I get to do what I want when I want.
- My training to “spot the issue” is valuable in all aspects of my life, not just my work.
- The vast majority of my professional interactions are with people having greater-than-average intelligence, ambition, integrity and accomplishments.
- Because I need to have many clients (startups don’t have a lot of money for legal fees), I learn about many different types of businesses.
Dana H. Shultz, Attorney at Law +1 510-547-0545 dana [at] danashultz [dot] com
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer directly.
10/1/2012 | 6:31 pm Permalink
One of the greatest things about being a Lawyer involved with start ups is seeing them succeed. Like Dana I also enjoy the challenge of spotting and addressing the most important issue which can make a huge difference to the start-ups success or failure…
We see some amazing Australian start-ups which shows that the entreneurial culture is alive and well downunder