Burton Lee, Director and Engineering Lecturer at Stanford University, recently posted informative slides from a presentation by Laurie Lumenti Garty of SVB Capital and Marianne Hudson of the Angel Capital Association.
The subject: Angel investment groups in the U.S.
Here is some of the most important information presented in the slides:
- There are more than 300 angel investment groups in the U.S.
- They tend to invest in companies that are in product development or are already shipping product.
- Major investment sectors include IT, health care, and business financial services.
- The vast majority of the investments are $500,000 or less.
- Groups tend to co-invest with, or look for follow-on investments from, other angel groups, individual angels, and early-stage venture capitalists.
If you are seeking angel funding, you should look at the entire slide deck.
* * *
Related post: Realistic Financing Options for Startup Companies
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney directly.