Ten Tips for Success in the U.S.
Having helped more than a dozen foreign companies set up operations here during the past few years, I am pleased to offer “Ten Tips for Success in the U.S.” on the Downloads page – just Sign Up for Free Downloads using the drop-down list in the sidebar.
Here are the titles of the ten tips, which are discussed in greater detail in the document:
- Work with complementary businesses that are already established here
- Manage overseas personnel on the principle “trust but verify”
- Form your corporation or limited liability company properly
- Be ready for a legal system that is different from the one back home
- Identify and protect intellectual property (IP) that is used here
- Develop detailed employee and independent contractor agreements
- Choose an accountant with international tax experience
- Be prepared to obtain a federal employer identification number
- Conduct due diligence on potential investors
- Agree on business terms before you prepare a written agreement
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney directly.
2/20/2012 | 3:54 pm Permalink
I would like to read your top tips! I am a Chartered Accountant in UK with a Graphic Design Ltd. Co. Client wishing to make first steps in the USA.
2/20/2012 | 4:39 pm Permalink
As the post notes, just Sign Up for Free Downloads using the drop-down list in the sidebar.