“Intellectual Property Essentials for Start-ups” now is available as a Free Download on the Downloads page.
Here are some of the questions that the document addresses:
- Which types of intellectual property (IP) should a start-up be aware of?
- How can we be sure to own IP created by independent contractors?
- Are there special considerations if the contractor is located overseas?
- It is pretty easy to register a trademark online; where might I go wrong?
- A provisional patent application is inexpensive and can be filed quickly; are there any risks I should keep in mind?
- Money is tight; can we use another company’s form of agreement rather than paying to develop one of our own?
- Open source software is hot; does it bring along any special dangers?
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney directly.