This page is an Advertisement under Rule of Professional Conduct 1-400, Standard 5.
Dana Shultz provides the essential legal services that startup and early-stage companies in the San Francisco (California) Bay Area typically need. You may read many Client Testimonials about Dana’s services.
The following are representative – please contact Dana if you have a requirement that is not listed here.
Forming and Operating a Business
- Choosing most suitable legal entity – limited liability company (LLC), S or C corporation, etc.
- Forming that entity in California, Delaware or any other state
- Completing all paperwork required for compliance with applicable laws
- Establishing and terminating relationships with employees and independent contractors
- Preparing and negotiating documents for financing transactions and acquisitions
- Preparing and negotiating contracts for transactions with customers, suppliers and other businesses
Identifying and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Counseling on various types of intellectual property (patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret)
- Preparing and negotiating license agreements
- Protecting and recovering domain names
- Preparing website terms of service and counseling on Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) compliance
- Preparing and negotiating nondisclosure agreements