Personally identifiable information includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- First and last name
- Physical address, including street name and name of a city or town
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Social security number
- Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual
- Identify the categories of personally identifiable information that the operator collects.
- Provide a description of the process, if one exists, by which users may review, and request changes to, their personally identifiable information.
- Describe the process by which users are notified of changes to the policy.
- Identify its effective date.
Section 22577(b) describes, in detail, ways that the requirement to conspicuously post the policy can be satisfied.
These requirements are enforced by the Office of the Attorney General.
- Privacy on the Go – California Attorney General Publishes Recommendations
Dana H. Shultz, Attorney at Law +1 510 547-0545 dana [at] danashultz [dot] com
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer directly.