The document Top Ten Intellectual Property Mistakes of Startup Entrepreneurs is available as a Free Download on the Downloads page.
Here are the ten mistakes that are discussed:
- Failing to use employee invention agreements
- Assuming that the company owns contractors’ work product
- Using another company’s license agreement
- Thinking that patents are the only IP that matters
- Filing a for provisional patent before the scope of the invention is clear
- Treating the federal government like non-governmental infringers
- Neglecting to identify and protect trade secrets
- Believing that “open source” means “no restrictions”
- Giving the “family jewels” to an overseas supplier
- Registering the wrong entity as the owner of IP
Dana H. Shultz, Attorney at Law +1 510 547-0545 dana [at] danashultz [dot] com
This blog does not provide legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact a lawyer directly.